The Director of Public Works is responsible planning, coordinating and reviewing the construction, repair and maintenance of Parish roads, bridges and drainage works and administration of Parish Solid Waste Department.
- Directs, coordinates and reviews the work of a large number of employees engaged in the construction, repair and maintenance of parish roads, bridges and drainage works
- Supervises the operation of support services including the vehicle/equipment repair shop.
- Plans and schedules the activities of the highway department, and reviews progress.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual department budget.
- Acquires necessary grants of rights-of-way
- Prepares monthly report to the Parish Council and Parish President
- Minimum five (5) years experience in construction, repair and maintenance of roads, bridges and drainage works
A copy of the full job description and employment application can be obtained from Natchitoches Parish Government Room 210. Please send application, resume, and three references to Natchitoches Parish Government Attn: Cathy Creamer, PO Box 799 Natchitoches, LA 71458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Director Public Works. Natchitoches Parish Government is an equal opportunity employer.
Parish of Natchitoches is a drug-free workplace.
Deadline for applicants is 4:30 p.m. OCTOBER 26, 2018.