At this time the City of Natchitoches will still be in operation to offer assistance for families in need of guidance concerning Type III Childcare centers, CCAP, Tracking of Time Systems (TOTS) finger scans, Child Care Criminal background Checks (CCCBC) and open enrollment for Natchitoches Parish Early Childhood Network Programs. The best way to contact is via phone at 318-471-5240 or email at email@example.com.
The majority of Natchitoches Type III Child care centers will remain open with adjusted hours of operation to help accommodate families needing care due to work obligations. Please confirm with your provider what steps will be taken to ensure safety for all.
Louisiana Department of Education will do the following to assist families receiving Child Care Assistance (CCAP):
– Pay all authorized children the full weekly amount regardless of the number of days or hours they attended. (Full-Time will receive 22 units monthly, Part-Time will receive 20 hours weekly). You will NOT be removed from CCAP if child absences exceed 5 days.
– Waive copayments for families on CCAP. (This is based upon the State maximum assistance rate- check with your center to discuss any additional co-pay rates that are still required during this time)
– Extend family redeterminations for 3 months.
– Extend reporting deadlines for eligibility determinations.
– Children who have part-time authorizations will now be full-time
– CCAP applications will still be accepted and processed
If your children or anyone is experiencing any illness please remain at home. The most commonly-known symptoms associated with COVID-19 include: fever (83-98 percent), cough (76-82 percent), and shortness of breath/difficulty breathing (11-44 percent). Less commonly-exhibited symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, and sputum production.