The Natchitoches City Council met on January 11, 2022 for a brief meeting. Agenda items were as follows:
Declare Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
PLANNING & ZONING – FINAL:
Amend Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Described As Follows: Lots, 2, 3,4 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, Block “E” Of Keegan Addition, Less 2,271 Square Feet To Highway Department And Lot 5, Block “E” Of Keegan Addition, Less 797.6 Square Feet To Highway Department. (Corner Of East 5th And Keyser Ave.)
PLANNING & ZONING – INTRODUCTION:
- Amend Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Described As Follows: Lots 2 & 3 Block M of S & P Addition. (125 North St./821 West St.).
- Amending Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Described As Follows: Being The Exchange Bank Branch Building Lying In The Northwest Corner Of Lot 23 Of West Broadmoor Subdivision. (203 Keyser Ave.)
ORDINANCES – FINAL:
Approve the acquisition of a 4.46 acre tract of land situated North of LA Hwy. 478, from Elizabeth S. Arthur, et al, for $83,000. The City desires to increase the water available to the City Water System and previously negotiated a lease with the Arthurs for the property in order to drill a test well. The test well was successful and the Phase I cultural resources survey has now been conducted. The City desires to acquire the property for the purpose of drilling water wells for the production of drinking water to be used in the City water system.
Director of Purchasing Edd Lee said this is part of the plan to rehab Water Plant No. 3. This will be used to supplement the water supply while Plant No. 3 is out of service for the rehab. It’s also a component of a grant the City received recently to deliver potable water to Powhatan residents. The new wells will produce 300,000 gallons of water per day. Powhatan uses 20,000 gallons per day so that’s a net increase for the City of 280,000 gallons per day.
ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION:
- Approve The Conveyance Of The Hanger Located On Lot 3 Of The Natchitoches Regional Airport To Choupique Development, LLC, For The Consideration Of $24,000
- Execute A Lease In Favor Of Choupique Development, LLC, Of Lot 3
- Execute An Agreement With The Louisiana Office Of Community Development For The 2020 – 2021 Community Water Enrichment Fund Grant Application (CWEF) For Improvements To The Natchitoches Water System.
- Submit A Funding Commitment Letter With The Building Resilient Infrastructure And Communities (Bric) Grant Application For The Project Entitled, “Sibley Lake Lift Station Emergency Power System Replacement.”
- The City of Natchitoches offices will be closed Monday, January 17, 2022 in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The next scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, January 24, 2022.