Natchitoches Tax Commission Administrator Laura Dalme-Jeffcoat summed up the Tax Report at the City Council meeting Monday night, Feb. 28 by saying, “The City is making money and it will continue making money.”
Last year there was an increase each month for 2021 comparatively from one January to the next from previous years. December sales showed a 16% increase from the previous year. Jeffcoat reported that collections were awesome because the Christmas Festival did very well. The collections for February of 2022 were $133,000 more than last February.
“Natchitoches doesn’t know what recession means,” she added. “It’s not happening.”
She said that while the pandemic hurt things a little, Oil and Gas has been back in Natchitoches Parish since October and Natchitoches will be okay.
She also shared that the new Vaughn dealership is looking to sell its first car at its new location within the next two months.
Other agenda items included:
ORDINANCES – FINAL:
- Declare A Certain Building Unsafe And Recommending That Same Be Demolished Or Put Into Repair To Comply With The Building Code, Authorizing Notice To Be Served Requiring Demolition/Removal
- Amend And Reenact Section 30-42 (C) Of The Code Of Ordinance Of The City Of Natchitoches, Which Is Located In Article Iv Of Section 30 Of The Code Of Ordinances Of The City Of Natchitoches, Entitled “Utilities” Said Amendments Being Made To Implement Changes In The Rate Schedule For Water For Industrial Users Inside The City Limits, Which New Rate Structure Has Been Proposed Following A Water Rate Study, Providing For Advertising, Further Providing For Severability, And Further Providing For A Repealer
- Designate Funds From The American Rescue Plan To The City Of Natchitoches Police Department To Otherwise Provide With Respect Thereto.
- Create The River South Commons Economic Development District, State Of Louisiana And Defining The Boundaries Thereof; Appointing Special Counsel; And Otherwise Providing With Respect Thereto.
- Approve That Instrument Titled Cooperative Endeavor Agreement Between The City Of Natchitoches And Chick-Fil-A, Inc., Which Agreement Provides For Cost Sharing For The Installation Of Infrastructure, Including Traffic And Drainage, Which Improvements Will Serve The Proposed Restaurant Facility At The Corner Of E. 5th Street And Highway 494.
The next scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, March 14, 2022.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE