POSITION: PART-TIME NATCHEZ POLICE DEPT CLERK
(3 DAYS PER WEEK)
DESCRIPTION: The Police Records Clerk will perform a variety of administrative duties, promoting efficient operation and recording keeping for the police department. Also maintain department records by processing, and providing information to the police department and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILES:
- Creates and maintains data records, financial reports, logs, case files, other departmental documentation and materials.
- Enters and maintains data in national and local enforcement databases.
- Distributes public correspondence to employees and/or agencies.
- Prepares for Mayor’s court, by printing out docket reports, draft minutes, and collecting payments.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing reports, answering phones, and greeting visitors.
- Utilize computer databases and software such as QuickPD, Microsoft word, and excel.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- At least 1 year of bookkeeping experience.
- Understanding of administrative process and the workings of a police department.
- Background Check Required.
CONTACT: VILLAGE OF NATCHEZ LOCATED 181 MAIN STREET WHERE APPLICATIONS CAN BE PICK UP DURING BUSINESS HOURS OF 8:00-12:00 NOON MONDAY-FRIDAY OR BY E-MAIL AT VILLAGEOFNATCHEZ@ATT.NET.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATONS: UNTIL POSITON IS FILLED
THE VILLAGE OF NATCHEZ IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.