After a several month narcotics investigation, NMJDTF Agents along with assistance from the NPSO CID executed a search warrant on Dec. 20 in the 900 block of Lake St. For the past several weeks, NMJDTF Agents have received multiple complaints from concerned citizens that suggested Fentanyl was being sold from the location.
During the execution of the search, the following items were located:
• 2.6 pounds of suspected marijuana.
• 586 suspected ecstasy pills.
• 78 suspected alprazolam pills (according to NMJDTF Agents, the suspected Alprazolam pills could contain Fentanyl)
• 2.0 grams suspected methamphetamine.
• 15.1 grams of suspected cocaine.
• 20 rocks of suspected crack cocaine.
• 4 handguns.
• 3 rifles (one reported stolen through NPD)
• Digital scales covered in suspected CDS residue.
• $857 U.S. currency suspected to be derived from drug sales.
• Distribution materials such as plastic baggies.
• Multiple types of various unknown pills (Items being sent for testing.)
• 1 body armor ballistic vest.
After the conclusion of the search warrant, Rodney Frazier, 43, of the 900 block of Lake St. was charged with the following:
1. Poss. of CDS I w/intent (marijuana)
2. Poss. of CDS I w/intent (ecstasy)
3. Poss. of CDS II w/intent (crack cocaine)
4. Poss. of CDS II w/intent (cocaine)
5. Poss. of CDS II w/intent (methamphetamine)
6. Poss. of a stolen firearm
7. Poss. of CDS in the presence of juvenile
8. Illegal poss. of body armor
Agents also arrested Lavell Pier, 34, of Natchitoches during the operation. Pier was present on the property during the execution of the search warrant. Lavell was found in possession of a firearm, which he was prohibited from possessing due to his status as a convicted felon.
Lavell Pier was charged with:
1. Poss. of a firearm by a convicted felon.
2. Illegal carrying of weapons.
Both Frazier, and Pier were issued District court dates of 02/23/2023, and were placed in the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center to await bond.