VILLAGE OF NATCHEZ JOB OPPORTUNITY
POSITION: PART- TIME CLERK
DESCRIPTION: Looking to hire a motivated and experienced clerk to plan, manage, and coordinate
clerical duties within the Village. Performs technical and administrative work in maintaining fi scal records,
minutes, packages, and prepare monthly agendas. Prepares reports and assists in the preparation of ordinances,
resolutions, and proclamations so they can be executed, recorded, archived, and distributed. Makes
journal entries to balance and close monthly books in the general ledger, revenue and expense accounts;
reconciles general ledger and subsidiary utility accounts such as waste water payments. Be able to work
directly with the public. Maintain and update documents such as municipal codes and city charters. Issue
public notifi cation of all offi cial activities and meetings.
• Record, edit and distribute minutes of council meetings.
• Communicate eff ectively with management, government offi cials, and staff .
• Draft meeting agendas and bylaws.
• Record data and ensure documents are stored, fi led and maintained correctly.
• Utilize computer databases and soft ware such as QuickBooks, Microsoft word, and excel.
• Prepare and maintain offi cial reports, legal documents, fi nancial records, and reference materials.
• Transcribe, type and proofread documents.
• Distribute public correspondence and ensure that municipal records are accessible to the public.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• At least 1 year of bookkeeping experience.
• A degree in business administration, public administration or related fi eld.
• Computer skills and knowledge of soft ware applications.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CONTACT: VILLAGE OF NATCHEZ LOCATED 181 MAIN STREET WHERE APPLICATIONS
CAN BE PICK UP DURING BUSINESS HOURS OF 8:00 A.M.-12:00 NOON MONDAY-FRIDAY OR
P.O. BOX 229 NATCHEZ, LA 71456.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH DECEMBER
31, 2022 @ 12:00 NOON
THE VILLAGE OF NATCHEZ IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.