City Fire Department responds to electrical box fire behind Lucky Village

The City of Natchitoches Fire Department received a call from Natchitoches 911 on Jan. 22 at 1:52 pm, stating an electrical box was on fire at the rear of the building located at 929 Keyser Avenue.  Engine 2 arrived on scene first finding the service disconnect feeding the building was on fire.  The City Utility Department was notified.  Firefighters pulled a pre-connected hoseline to protect the structure.  The Utility Department arrived and disconnected power to the electrical equipment.  The fire had extinguished itself.  The utility crew advised that there was no further electrical danger and firefighters found no further fire danger.  The scene was turned over to the utility crew.  NFD units returned to service.