The Natchitoches Community Improvement Foundation, Inc. is accepting applications for 2023-2024 Scholarships for this year’s high school graduates who live within the City Limits of Natchitoches.
The scholarship application deadline has been extended and the scholarship application must be postmarked no later than Monday, May 8, 2023. Scholarship applications are available at Natchitoches Central High School, Natchitoches Parish Library, and Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center. If more information is needed, you or the prospective applicant may contact Rev. Leo J. Walker, Chairman of the Board, at (318) 581-6123 or Mr. Oswald Taylor, Scholarship Chairperson, at (318) 581-3998.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTION
Applications for the scholarship are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating senior the current school year.
- Must provide a comprehensive and complete application that is completed in ink.
- Must have a 2.5 (C+) or greater grade point average from the time of application through completion of the 12th grade. (Must be a resident within the City limits of Natchitoches)
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from community representatives including but not limited to a supervisor, religious leader, teacher, or school counselor.
- Must submit scholarship application by Monday, April 17, 2023, (Including official high school transcript and typed written essay).
- Obtain an application from the school counselor’s office or from a member of the community foundation,
- Retrieve an official transcript of your high school grades from you school counselor. Submit Original of your completed scholarship application, written essay, and letters of recommendation and proof of community service.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on a comprehensive and quality application with supporting document. In addition, awards will be based on the evaluation criteria. High school grades will be considered but are not the only basis for selection.
- Scholarships awarded for $500.00 per semester (for two semesters). The student will receive the award directly from the scholarship committee. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail.
- Funds will be released upon receipt of proof of registration into four-year college/university. Proof of registration must be official.