For the past several weeks, members of the Natchitoches Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force have been working on locating Dajohn Hymes, who was wanted for multiple warrants through multiple agencies. Hymes was known to be armed and flee each time he encountered law enforcement.
Agents received information on May 18, which they were able to corroborate, in reference to Dajohn Hymes whereabouts. Agents were granted a search warrant through the 10th Judicial District for a residence located in the 800 block of Fourth St. Due to the circumstances, Natchitoches SWAT was activated.
Dajohn Hymes, 30, was taken into custody on May 18 around 12:34 pm by members of Natchitoches SWAT and Natchitoches Police Department patrol division, without incident. Hymes was placed into the NPDC for the following charges:
Warrants through the Natchitoches Parish Sheriiff’s Office:
• Count(s) 1 – 14:35.3 Domestic Abuse Battery
• Count(s) 1- 14:56 Simple Criminal Damage to Property
• Count(s) 1 of 14:108 Aggravated Flight
• Count(s) 1 of 14:95.1 Possession of a Firearm by Felon
• Count(s) 1 of 32:415 Suspended DL
• Count(s) I of 32:53 Display of Plate
• Count(s) 1 of 14:63 Criminal Trespassing
• Count(s) 1 of 14:56 Simple Criminal Damage to Property
• Count(s) 1 of 14:40.2 Stalking
• Count(s) 1 of 14:285 Telephone harassment
Warrants through the Natchitoches Police Department:
• Count(s) 1 of 14:37 Agg. Assault w/deadly weapon
Warrants through the United States Western District (federal court)
• Possession of a Firearm by Felon
Hymes was booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center where he currently remains.