The City of Natchitoches will hold a public hearing on Thursday, Oct. 13 at 6 pm at the City of Natchitoches Council Chambers, located at 716 Second St. The purpose of the meeting is to obtain views on the community development needs of the City and to discuss the submission of an application for funding under the State of Louisiana FY 2023 Community Development Block Grant (LCDBG) Public Facilities Program.
The following items will be discussed at the hearing:
• The amount of funds available for proposed community development activities, which is a maximum grant amount of $1,600,000 for municipalities with a population more than 12,000;
• The range of activities available that may be undertaken under the LCDBG
Public Facilities include the following:
Reconstruction of previously paved streets.
Rehabilitation of previously paved streets.
New Construction (paving of aggregate surfaced streets or other unpaved streets).
• The estimated amount of funds proposed to be used for activities that will benefit persons of low and moderate incomes is $800,000.
• The plans of the City for minimizing displaced persons as a result of activities assisted with such funds and the benefits to be provided by the City to persons actually displaced as a result of such activities; and,
• The City’s past performance on LCDBG projects funded by the State of Louisiana.
All residents, particularly low and moderate-income persons and residents of blighted areas of the City are encouraged to attend this meeting.
Accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and non-English speaking individuals provided that three-day notice of such is received by the City.
Those citizens unable to attend this hearing may submit their views and proposals by Oct. 20 in writing to:
City of Natchitoches
700 Second St.
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Attn: Mayor Ronnie Williams, Jr.
For more information, contact the Mayor’s Office at (318) 352-2772.