The Natchitoches City Council will have a pre-council meeting on Monday, Oct. 24 beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. to discuss non-agenda items. The City Council meeting will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month and will be reserved to only items on the Agenda. The public is invited to both the pre-council meetings and council meetings with the understanding that items not on the agenda will not be discussed at the scheduled council meetings, but the public is welcome to discuss any topic at the pre-council meetings. The City Council Meetings are held at the Natchitoches City Council Chambers located at 716 Second Street, Natchitoches, Louisiana.
PLANNING & ZONING – APPEAL:
- Daniel Simmons – Purpose: The City Council to review a decision of the Natchitoches Planning and Zoning Commission at the Sept. 6, 2022 meeting that denied the application for a variance request. (1815 South Drive)
PLANNING & ZONING – FINAL:
- Proclamation Declaring The Month Of October As Domestic Violence Awareness Month In The City Of Natchitoches
- Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Described As Follows: Lot 15 & A portion of Lot 14, Block “B” of Keegan’s East Natchitoches Subdivision (516 Keegan St.)
- Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Described As Follows: Tracts “A” Containing 1.89 Acres and “B” Containing 1.36 Acres In Section 87, Township 9 North-Range, 7 West as Shown on Plat in Conveyance Book 330, Page 490 and Lot containing 1.37 Acres West of Tract “A” and Lot containing 0.81 Acre Below Tracts “A” and “B”, all shown on Plat in Conveyance Book 493, Page 760. (7096 Hwy 1 Bypass)
ORDINANCES – FINAL:
- Ordinance Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches, Ronnie Williams, Jr., To Execute A Lease In Favor Of Air Data Solution, L.L.C., Of A Portion Of Lot 1a Of The Natchitoches Regional Airport As Shown On The Airport Layout Plan Of April 27, 2001, By Alliance Incorporated And Further Providing For Advertising Of The Lease And An Effective Date.
- Ordinance Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches, Ronnie Williams, Jr., To Execute A Lease In Favor Of The Louisiana Agricultural Finance Agency, Of That Property Located In The Natchitoches Regional Airport, Described As Lot 9, And Further Providing For Advertising Of The Lease And An Effective Date.
- Ordinance Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches To Award The Bid For Caustic Soda For The Water Treatment Plant (Bid No. 0655)
- Ordinance Approving A Memorandum Of Cooperative Endeavor Between The City Of Natchitoches, The Red River Waterway Commission And The Natchitoches Convention & Visitors Bureau To Promote The Use Of The Red River For The Kingkat Fishing Tournament.
- Ordinance To Designate Funds From The American Rescue Plan To Demolish Certain Properties In The City Of Natchitoches That Are A Danger To Public Health And Welfare And To Otherwise Provide With Respect Thereto.
- Ordinance Accepting The Terms Of A Lease Of Certain Real Property From The Union Pacific Railroad Company By The City Of Natchitoches; Authorizing The Mayor Of The City To Execute The Lease; And Otherwise Providing With Respect Thereto.
ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION:
- Ordinance Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches To Award The Bid For The Wastewater Collection System Rehabilitation, Keyser Lift Station (Bid No. 0650)
- Ordinance Of The City Of Natchitoches, Louisiana, Approving That Instrument Titled Cooperative Endeavor Agreement Between The City Of Natchitoches And The Louisiana Department Of The Treasury And The State Of Louisiana, Which Agreement Provides For Funding For The Big Brothers Big Sisters Program; Prescribing Terms And Conditions For Said Agreement, And Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches, Ronnie Williams, Jr. To Execute Same.
- Resolution Authorizing A One-Time Salary Supplement Payment To The City Of Natchitoches Employees.
- Resolution Approving A Utility Easement And Right Of Way For Placement Of Water Flush Assembly And Water Lines From The Southern Side Of Peninsula Drive To Sibley Lake Across Property Of White Properties And Development, L.L.C., Said Easement Depicted September 16, 2022 Survey By Thornton, And Authorizing The Mayor To Execute The Utility Easement And Right Of Way On Behalf Of The City Of Natchitoches, Louisiana.
- Resolution Authorizing Mayor Ronnie Williams, Jr. To Adopt The Required Plans, Policies, Appointments And Authorization Of Individuals For Compliance With The LCDBG Program.
- Resolution Of Support For A Grant Application Submitted To The Louisiana Office Of Community Development, For The 2022 – 2023 Community Water Enrichment Fund (CWEF) Grant For The City Of Natchitoches, Louisiana.
- The next scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, November 14, 2022.
- The offices of the City of Natchitoches will be closed Friday, November 11, 2022 in observance of Veterans Day.