Natchitoches Parish Office of Community Services (OCS) is announcing the availability of funds dedicated to assist low-income households with their energy payments in Natchitoches Parish. All applications are taken on a first come, first served basis. Appointments for applications will be given Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 starting at 8:15 A.M. by phone calls only. To schedule an appointment you must call 318-357-2220. In order for your application to be complete, you must provide ALL information. An eligible household is one whose total income is at or below the levels in the table below and who has not received a previous benefit with in the past six-(6) months. Applicants must provide, at a minimum, the following documentation at the time application is taken:
(1) Copies of each household member’s social security number,
(2) Proof of income of all household members,
(3) a copy of an energy bill (must be within the past 6 months) for the home of the applicant,
(4) a photo I.D. of the head of household and
(5) another document which was mailed to the applicant at the service address indicated on the energy bill and which list the same address as the service location on the energy bill.
If it is determined additional documentation is required the applicant will be notified at the time of application. Households reporting Zero income must provide additional documentation, a Zero Income form, which must be picked up and completed by date of appointment. All information provided is subject to verification. Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution of application and anyone assisting in the misrepresentation.
Natchitoches Parish Office of Community Services (OCS) is located at: 415 Trudeau St, Natchitoches, LA. 318-357-2220.
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Program” and “Auxiliary Aids are available upon request to individuals with disabilities”.