Fire Chief Bryan Wimberly and volunteers with the Natchitoches Parish Fire District #6 responded to a vehicle fire on Hampton Road around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 22nd. The vehicle belonged to the Natchitoches Parish Health Department and was one of two vehicles used in the Parish’s mosquito control program. The fire started in the mosquito sprayer equipment and quickly spread to the rest of the vehicle. The fire was extinguished by 10:00 p.m. Parish President Rick Nowlin responded to the emergency to check on the safety of the Parish employee and to ensure that the appropriate agencies were notified. No injuries were reported, but the vehicle was a total loss.