Natchitoches Central Orchestra performed Christmas arrangements for the board. The orchestra will be traveling to Europe this summer to perform in multiple cities.
The board wants to wish the St. Mary’s football program luck as they compete for the state championship.
Finance, facilities, services, & insurance report
- Take appropriate action
Awarded as an All or None Bid to: SYSCO FOOD SERVICES OF LONGVIEW, TX.
- No transportation report
- Tax Commission Report
$3 million dollars in Sales Tax was allocated to the Parish School System.
- Approved: distribution of one time MFP appropriations: $583 for all certified personnel and $250 for all other support staff.
- Postponed until January meeting: authorizing custodial supplies to be funded by BRE funds instead of General Funds. The board discussed multiple questions funds and where they are coming from and going to. Also the $7 million maintenance tax and what that went to.
- The parish is in need of only one more speech therapist. Wilson asked to view the contracts that are given to the therapists hired.
- Board approved option B for the board calendar for 2016.
- The Board declared The Natchitoches Times the Official Journal.
- Report on Technology items
Graham called for the state police to be involved to bring those responsible for the disappearance of the laptop to justice. (14 laptops, $1000 each) Skinner informed to the board that the city police suggested the option of administering a lie detector test. The board decided to seek legal counsel on how to move forward.
- Board will receive report on grade assignment from Magnet School at the January meeting.
- On the status of the drainage project at the Central Office: $8,000 was spent on the study to begin the project. Bids of been projected at $120,000 to complete. The construction on South Drive will not affect the project.