The agenda item that held the most attention at the City Council meeting Monday night, Oct. 24, was a resolution confirming the appointment of Chris Laurence as the recreation director for the City.
Other agenda items included:
- proclamation declaring Nov. 11 as Veterans Day in the City
- proclamation honoring the law enforcement officers of Natchitoches Parish
- ordinance declaring certain buildings unsafe and recommending they be demolished or put into repair to comply with the building code
- ordinance changing zoning classification of Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
- ordinance amending the 2016 – 2017 budget to reflect additional revenues and expenditures
- resolution authorizing a one-time salary supplement payment to City employees