Eight-mile pursuit and search for suspect ends in two arrests

A north Natchitoches Parish man that led Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Deputies on a pursuit Wednesday, Dec. 14, is now in custody, according to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Freddy Allen Perot, 27 of Campti, was taken into custody without incident at a residence in the 200 block of Cloud Crossing Road near Campti at 9:41 p.m.

Perot was transported to the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center and charged with Possession of CDS I Narcotics-2nd Offense, Reckless Operation of a Vehicle, Driving under Suspension, Aggravated Flight from a an Officer, Open Container Violation, No Compulsary Vehicle Insurance and traffic violations.

Perot led deputies on an eight mile pursuit. NPSO Patrol Division deputies were patrolling on US-71 in Campti when they attempted to stop a red 2003 Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck for a traffic violation.

When they attempted to stop the vehicle, the violator pulled to the opposite side of the roadway, then accelerated the vehicle, leading deputies on a pursuit in excess of 80 miles per hour, traveling north on US-71, then right onto La. Hwy 486 traveling westbound. Items were observed being thrown from the vehicle. The vehicle then turned on Stiles Road, then right on Hwy. 486 (Coulee Loop) and back around to Stiles Road, where he took a logging trail. The vehicle became disabled in a creek bed near a high line.

Deputies on foot in the area discovered the vehicle abandoned. Residents assisted while deputies searched for the suspects.

Shortly thereafter, the NPSO 911 Center received a call from a homeowner on Stiles Road reporting he that was holding two suspects at gunpoint in his yard.

State Troopers arrived on the scene and took Tabatha Smith into custody, but Perot had fled.

Smith was wanted by the Tenth Judicial District Court for Failure to Appear on the charges of Attempted Theft.

A search of the vehicle led to the seizure of a small amount of suspected marijuana and alcoholic beverages.

Smith, 43, was booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center and charged with 1-count of Failure to Appear for Attempted Theft. She remains in the DC awaiting bond.

NPSO Release – 12-16-16