The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) North Louisiana announces new board leadership for 2017.
Stephanie Rogers, Director of Institutional Advancement and the BPCC Foundation, will serve as the Chapter’s President.
Rogers states, “AFP North Louisiana Chapter has enjoyed exceptional leadership which has exposed members to other non-profit leaders and professional development opportunities. In 2017, I look forward to building on that legacy and working alongside a highly-accomplished team of professionals who make up the 2017 board to bring meaningful programs and networking opportunities to the membership. We welcome all who serve the non-profit community to join us and connect with fellow industry leaders at the monthly networking meetings.”
Joining Rogers on the 2017 board of directors are:
• Sarah Ardis – Director of Development and Community Relations at Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission: Treasurer/Secretary
• Ruth Frazier, CFRE – Chief Development Officer at Chimp Haven: VP of Programming
• Jennifer Martin, CFRE – Vice President of Resource Development at United Way of Northwest Louisiana: Immediate Past President
• Audra Muslow Hicks – Community Development Manager at Louisiana Association for the Blind: President Elect
• Lynn Stevens – Chief Operating Officer at United Way of Northwest Louisiana: VP of Membership and Inclusion
• Katja Thomakos, CFRE – Executive Director at the Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts Foundation: VP of Communications
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 33,000 members in 241 chapters around the world working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs. AFP members raise more than $115 billion annually in charitable giving, and have raised more than $1 trillion since 1960.
The AFP North Louisiana Chapter has more than 50 members from non-profits in North Louisiana, and has a mission to be a positive and engaging environment where non-profit professionals and agencies are empowered with knowledge and resources to fulfill their missions. Membership in the North Louisiana Chapter includes invitations to workshops, mentoring with senior members, monthly meetings, scholarship assistance, and job opportunity notices.
Individuals or organizations interested in learning more about the AFP North Louisiana Chapter can contact Lynn Stevens, VP of Membership and Inclusion, at email@example.com. To receive chapter emails about meetings, updates, job opportunities, and events please contact Katja Thomakos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are generally held the fourth Wednesday of each month (except July) from 11:30am – 1:00pm at Ralph and Kacoo’s,1700 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, 71111.