The Louisiana Travel Promotional Association (LTPA) announced the 2017 class of the Louisiana Tourism Leadership Academy (LTLA) at its Annual Membership Meeting Jan. 26 at the Natchitoches Events Center.
The goal of LTLA is to further educate those within the tourism industry by developing their leadership skills, strengthening their communication networks and informing them about the responsibilities of leadership in building and enriching their tourism-related organizations. Class members will participate in six class sessions and tackle group projects throughout the year, while learning from the experiences of seasoned tourism professionals.
“LTPA is proud to announce this group of 19 individuals who represent all areas of the state and all aspects of the tourism industry,” said Jill Kidder, LTPA President and CEO. “We’re excited to see how the program will impact each of them both personally and professionally.”
The 2017 class of LTLA includes:
· Mallory Asp, Mardi Gras World/River City Venues
· Rebecca Blankenbaker, Cane River National Heritage Area, Inc.
· Marica Mackenroth Brewster, Tomahawk Tourism Marketing
· Alvon Brumfield, Louisiana Renaissance Festival
· Kimberly Caldarera, Isle of Capri
· Ryan Cochran, Community
· Megan Gavlick, L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
· Brittany Gilbert, Renaissance Publishing
· Katherine Johnson, Natchitoches Parish Tourist Commission
· Zondra Jones, St. Tammany Parish Tourist Commission
· Barry Landry, Louisiana Office of Tourism
· Shanna Landry, Lake Charles/SWLA CVB
· Kaylie LeBlanc, Lafayette CVC
· Angie Manning, Lake Charles/SWLA CVB
· Joshua McNemar, Lieutenant Governor’s Office
· Jessica Ragusa, Lieutenant Governor’s Office
· Madeline Sanchez, Louisiana Travel Promotion Association
· Timika Spurlock, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
· Stella Thornton, LA. Tax Free Shopping Commission
· Kellie Walters, Bayou Lafourche Area CVB