The School Board Committee meeting Thursday evening, March 7, was brief. Agenda items included:
· Approve travel for Director of Human Resources Linda Page to Hattiesburg, Miss. March 8-9 to attend a teacher job fair.
· Permission to advertise for bids for liquefied gas service and printing of agendas for 2017-18 school year.
· Take action on bids on various large kitchen equipment
· Receive transportation and tax commission report
· Exercise first of three renewal options with Ralston Exterminating for pest control service for 2017-18 school year
· Consider and take action with respect to announcing that the Parish School Board of Natchitoches Parish plans to consider adopting a resolution ordering and calling an election to be held in School District No. 9 to authorize the issuance of general obligation bonds at its meeting Monday, April 10 at 5 pm at the School Board Office
· Consider and take action with respect to announcing that in the event the voters approve the levy of a half-cent sales and use tax at the April 29 election, the Parish School Board plans to adopt an ordinance providing for the levy of said sales and use tax pursuant to said voter authorization at its meeting Thursday, May 4 at 5 pm at the School Board Office
· Approve 2017-18 school calendar