A public hearing was held before the City Council meeting Monday night, April 24 to obtain views on the community development needs of the City and to discuss the submission of an application for funding under the state’s FY 2018-2019 Louisiana Community Development Block Grant (LCDBG) Program.
Those citizens who couldn’t attend the meeting can submit their views and proposals until May 9 in writing to: Mayor Lee Posey, City of Natchitoches, PO Box 37, Natchitoches, LA, 71457.
An advisor was on-hand to provide any necessary information. The City needs to look at potential projects to determine which would score the highest to receive funding. The priorities the program is focusing on includes: sewer treatment, new sewer collection, existing sewer collection rehab, potable water and streets. The advisor said to look at all these projects in the City to find the one that fits the program best. The program is highly competitive and he said out of the 300 applications they receive, only around 30 will receive funding.
The City passed the following resolutions to comply with the LCDBG program:
· Develop LCDBG application
· Adopt procurement policy
· Procure and select professional services to assist in the development of the LCDBG application and implementation
· Adopt a citizen participation plan/citizen complaint procedure
· Appoint Stacy McQueary as a citizen complaint officer
Other agenda items included:
· Proclamation declaring May 7-13 as National Travel and Tourism Week in Natchitoches
· Rezone lots owned by Sabine State Bank from R-1 Residential to B-3 Commercial to construct an Information Technology Data Center
· Adopt millage rate for 2017 tax year (Public Safety Tax at 10 mills and General Alimony Tax at 7.030 mills for a total millage of 17.030 mills)
· Execute contract amendment to agreement between the City and Washer, Hill, Lipscomb, Cabaniss Architecture LLC to provide professional services related to the Natchitoches Sports and Recreation Center
· Adopt budget for fiscal year June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018
· Enter into cooperative endeavor agreement with the Cane River Waterway Commission related to the Rue Beauport Riverfront Project
· Intro- amend 2016-17 budget to reflect additional revenues and expenditures
· Resolution to urge Congress to enact legislation to enable local governments to collect revenues already due that are essential to the maintenance and expansion of local and regional economies, the creation of thousands of new jobs, the enhancement of the quality of life and the preservation of limited local revenue sources
· Advertise and accept bids for two pulse fault interrupters, upright cross arm model, non-disconnect style
· Execute change order to the contract between the City and Progressive Construction Company for the 2016 City Streets Rehabilitation Project