Northwestern State University’s School of Creative and Performing Arts will present a workshop entitled “Contract Negotiation for Creative Professionals” from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, May 6 in art lecture room (Room 206) of the Fine Arts Annex, 140 Central Avenue. The program is targeted to individuals who work as professionals in music, literary/visual/culinary arts, theatre, film or design.
The cost is $10. The instructor will be attorney Mark Davis. The agenda is as follows.
• Contract basics: What is a contract?
• What do you want? What do they want?
• When does a contract start?
• Payment schedule
• When does a contract end?
• Contract renewals
• Drafting & boilerplate clauses
• What if something goes wrong?
• Can it be salvaged?
• Arbitration & mediation
• When to walk away
• When to sue
• Participants will role-play & negotiate sample contracts
• Analysis & feedback
Participants can register in advance at http://www.worksinprogresslouisiana.com/workshop-registration or pay at the door.
For more information, contact Debbie Hollis, director of Works in Progress Louisiana at Debbie@WorksInProgressLouisiana.com, (318) 751-8540 or visit worksinprogresslouisiana.com.