The Head Start Director is responsible planning, general administration and oversight of Head Start program and personnel.
• Baccalaureate Degree in Education with a concentration in Early Childhood Education, or Educational Administration.
• A minimum of five years professional leadership/ management and supervisory experience, fiscal management and Administration.
• Strong knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood Education/Development and Family/Social Services.
• Must meet all requirements for child care staff as defined by the Louisiana Department of Family and Protective Services.
• Required to have enrollment in Child Care Division – Criminal Background Checks/Abuse and Neglect Registry.
A copy of the full job description and employment application can be obtained from Natchitoches Parish Government Room 210. Please send application, cover letter, resume, sealed transcript and three references to Natchitoches Parish Government Attn: Cathy Creamer, PO Box 799 Natchitoches, LA 71458 or email ccreamer@npgov. org with the subject line Head Start Director.
Natchitoches Parish Government is an equal opportunity agency dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination regarding Title VI, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Parish of Natchitoches is a drug-free workplace.
Deadline for applicants is 4:30 p.m. September 1, 2017