Red River Mill Credit Union has been growing and changing since it was chartered in 1975. After 43 years it’s time to change the name to let everyone know they can JOIN too!
To reflect its growth and increased involvement in the Natchitoches community, Red River Mill Credit Union is holding a Name Change Contest. The winning name submission will receive a $500 prize.
“We’re in the search of a new name for our credit union,” said Holly Guillory, business development officer. “We’re looking for a name that let’s everyone know they’re invited to come grow with us. The name you suggest could be selected as our new official name.”
Originally serving employees at the paper mill in Campti, Red River Mill Credit Union became a Community Credit Union in 2013. It currently meets the banking needs of more than 1,000 members throughout Natchitoches and Northwest Louisiana. The credit union offers a variety of checking and savings account options as well as personal loans, vehicle loans and small business loans.
Rules for the contest:
- The Name Change Contest will run through Friday, May 18
- A winner will be announced on June 30
- One person can enter up to 3 suggestions for a new name
- Keep name idea short and sweet…Just 1 or 2 words not including the words credit union
- If two people choose the same name, the person who submitted it first will receive the prize
- Submit name options to email@example.com
- Email up to 3 name ideas and be sure to include your full name, phone number and email contact info
- Entry forms can be filled out and submitted online at www.redrivermillefcu.org.
*Winning name may come from source outside of contestant suggestions
*Should winning name not be submitted during contest, a drawing from contestant pool will be used to select a winner – only have to enter to win
Red River Mill Employees Federal Credit Union exists to serve its members. While banks and other financial institutions must make a profit for their shareholders, credit unions return their profits to members in the form of dividends on savings, low rates on loans, and new or improved services. In addition, the not-for-profit status of credit unions enables them to operate at a lower cost than many for-profit institutions, which helps them offer competitive loan and savings rates to their members.
Red River Mill Federal Credit Union contact info:
Address: 256 Hwy 3175 in Natchitoches