Monday, December 10, 2018 7:23 AM
Emergency Road Closure Due to Flooding/ High Water
LA 478; south of the LA 120 intersection
Control Section No. 116-03
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) advises the public effective immediately LA 478, south of the LA 120 intersection, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed due to flooding/ high water.
No detours are available at this time.
Travelers can find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at http://www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511). Additionally, you can follow the Traffic Management Center on Twitter: (@Shreveport_Traf), (@Alex_Traffic), (@Monroe_Traffic). Motorists may also monitor the LA DOTD website @ http://www.dotd.la.gov.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid using highway overpasses as tornado shelters.
Erin Buchanan, Public Information Officer
Grant, Natchitoches, Sabine, and Winn Parishes
Phone # 318-549-8402
Parish Highway Maintenance Superintendent
Office: # 318-357-3161