The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), advises the public that effective immediately that LA 485, 2 miles north of LA 6 Intersection at Mallard Hill to Brandon Cotton Road, is NOW CLOSED DUE TO HIGH WATER.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), advises the public effective immediately that LA 495, from 2.2 to 2.5 miles of its southern intersection with LA 1, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed to all traffic. The closure is due to a slide that has encroached upon LADOTD right of way, from the adjacent owner, which is now threatening the integrity of the roadway.
The detour will be as follows:
Northbound: LA 495 Southbound to LA 1 Northbound to LA 495 Southbound
Southbound: LA 495 northbound to LA 1 Southbound to LA 495 Northbound
Travelers can find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at http://www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511). Additionally, you can follow the Traffic Management Center on Twitter: (@Shreveport_Traf), (@Alex_Traffic), (@Monroe_Traffic). Motorists may also monitor the LA DOTD website @ http://www.dotd.la.gov.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid using highway overpasses as tornado shelters.