The Rapides Foundation will hold information sessions and a webinar in June to announce its new Substance and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program Grant.
Consistent with the Foundation’s mission to improve the health status of Central Louisiana, the funding opportunity is to support implementation of evidence-based, community-driven solutions for preventing substance and alcohol abuse within the Foundation’s nine-parish service area. Research shows the best prevention results come from systems or partnerships of prevention services rather than isolated efforts. The Rapides Foundation encourages those interested in applying for the grant to work together across organizations, agencies, departments or sectors, to plan and implement interventions and to gain support from the populations most impacted by the efforts.
Interested applicants are encouraged to attend an information session to learn details and requirements of the grant opportunity, please contact Felicia Walker at (318) 767-3022.
The schedule of information sessions is:
· June 18: 1 p.m., Avoyelles Parish Library, 660 North Main Street, Marksville
· June 18: 3:30 p.m., Allen Parish Library, 405 E. 6th Avenue, Oakdale
· June 19: 3 p.m., Natchitoches Parish Library, 450 Second Street, Natchitoches
· June 20: 1 p.m., Vernon Parish Library, 1401 Nolan Trace, Leesville
· June 20: 5 p.m., The Rapides Foundation Building-Mezzanine Floor, 1101 4th Street, Alexandria
· June 21: 9 a.m., CLTCC Rod Brady Campus, 521 E. Bradford Street, Jena
· June 27: 3:30 p.m., Informational webinar for anyone interested in the grant opportunity. Participants can view the webinar on a computer (recommended), or listen to the webinar on a telephone.
To join the webinar, please contact Felicia Walker at (318) 767-3022.
The Rapides Foundation’s service area consists of Allen, Avoyelles, Catahoula, Grant, LaSalle, Natchitoches, Rapides, Vernon and Winn parishes.