Northwestern Louisiana Cancer Center
Position: Full Time Radiation Therapist
$5000 Sign on Bonus or relocation package available
Operates radiation therapy equipment in order to simulate and/or treat patients for malignancies. Completes required documentation in medical records, completes charge procedures and Performs quality assurance checks to verify accuracy of all procedures performed.
• Performs patient’s simulations under direction of physician, which includes patient alignment, portal marking and chart documentation
• Supply data for and assist in fabrication and/or designs patient immobilization and treatment devices, such as vaclocks, bolus and aquaplast masks
• Assists in dosimetry procedures, including obtaining patient parameters.
• Educates patients regarding simulation, treatment procedures and possible reactions (as directed by physician/nurse)
• Observes patient for treatment reactions and reports reactions to physician/nurse
• Assists in emergency procedures as necessary
• Delivers a prescribed planned course of radiation therapy, which includes review of prescription, diagnosis, medical record and patient identification. In addition, prepares room and equipment for patient treatments including set-up of immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, shielding devices, etc.
• Monitors patient and equipment during treatment and/or simulation reporting any unusual circumstances, such as patient movement, equipment malfunction, etc.
• Completes daily quality checks on treatment and simulator equipment.
Maintains accurate documentation of quality checks. Documents and reports all variances and Initiates proper follow-up
• Coordinates patient simulator/treatment schedules
• Records accurate daily patient billing
• Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiation Therapy
Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Registered through Louisiana State Radiologic Tech Board (LSRT)
One-year experience preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities-
Knowledge of simulation and radiation therapy equipment (Mosaiq & Elekta Infinity a plus)
Paid time off
Workplace perks such as food/coffee/lunches