Responsible for the collection and reporting of revenue for the City of Natchitoches, Parish of Natchitoches, Natchitoches Parish School Board, Natchitoches Parish Sheriffs Office, Town of Campti, Town of Clarence, Village of Natchez, and the Town of Robeline.
The following duties/examples are of various types of work performed in the position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
• Entry of and responsible for all Sales and Use Tax forms.
• Entry of and responsible for all Natchitoches Festival activities. To include preparation of sales tax forms and spreadsheets for all vendors, working with the Department of Revenue, State of Louisiana on collection of State revenue. Reconciling State and Local revenue and distribution of
• Responsible for imaging of Commission documents.
• Provides and Maintains new business statistics for Administrator
• Public relations and Taxpayer assistance in areas of responsibility
• Maintains filing of Tax documents
• Collection of Ad Valorem Tax
• Entry of new sales and use tax accounts including out-of-state businesses.
• Processes boat registrations for local and state license taxes and fees.
Knowledge of required ordinances and practices; Ability to plan, organize, and implement detailed job requirements; Ability to perform detail work involving written or numeric data; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, public officials, and the general public; Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in oral and written form, to groups and individuals; Knowledge of modem office practices procedures, and equipment; comprehensive knowledge of computers and their application to the administration of Sales/Use tax, Occupational license and Ad Valorem tax.
Applications are available at the Tax Commission Office:
220 East 5th Street
Closing date for filing application : December 27, 2019