The Natchitoches Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon cutting on jan. 21 to celebrate the opening of Goldman Equipment’s new store on the Hwy. 1 Bypass. The company now has 12 stores. Goldman Equipment L.L.C. is an authorized Amco, Balzer, Bigham, Bush Hog®, CrustBuster®, Frontier, Honda Power, John Deere, Killbros, Krone, Kuhn, Stihl, Traeger and UM Unverferth dealership serving north and central Louisiana.
The company’s story begins in 1946 when, after leaving military service, Harry Goldman, Jr. recognized the need of farmers in the Tensas Parish area for a readily available local equipment supplier. He established the first store in Waterproof, Louisiana. In the 65-plus years since it’s establishment the company has been able to incorporate other equipment dealerships as well as build new locations, swelling the company’s customer base dramatically and resulting in a business footprint that stretches throughout northern and central Louisiana, spilling over into neighboring states. This has been mutually beneficial to the surrounding farmers, commercial customers, residential land owners, small ag, and governmental customers as well as to the company itself.
While always holding fast to Mr. Harry Goldman’s ideals and vision he had when opening the doors of that first store, Goldman Equipment L.L.C. has and continues to blaze a trail into the future, keeping its customers at the forefront of technological advances in farming and pooling ever more resources to better fit customer needs. More than being a John Deere dealership that focuses on nothing more than “moving metal”, Goldman Equipment has fully formed and dedicated departments with expert salesmen and technicians to provide the latest in AMS (Ag Management Solutions) technology, Self-Propelled Sprayers, Irrigation Solutions, Satellite Land Leveling and Ditching, and Crop/Soil/Fertilizer Analysis & Prescriptions.The talented professionals found within these specialized departments are masters at agriculture management who help customers:
1) Analyze, level, drain, and prep their fields to truly customize the land to the crop.
2) Provide knowledgeable salesmen who can analyze an operation
3) Equip and support the customer with the latest in AMS technology
4) Provide, assemble, and support irrigation solutions and equipment to customers, helping crops get water when, where, and how they need it.
5) Provide unprecedented support for customer equipment in the field or in one of our well-equipped facilities with some of the best, most highly trained technicians and parts personnel in the business.