The Natchitoches Parish School Board informed partents that the Goldonna Elementary and Junior High School will be closed today, Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Poor Road Conditions
Thursday, February 20, 2020 8:04 AM
Emergency Road Closure Due to Flooding/ High Water
La 153: from La 9 to La 155**
Control Section No. 088-01
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, (DOTD), advises the public effective immediately La 153, from La 9 to La 155, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed due to flooding/ high water.
No detours are available at this time.
Travelers can find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at http://www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511). Additionally, you can follow the Traffic Management Center on Twitter: (@Shreveport_Traf), (@Alex_Traffic), (@Monroe_Traffic). Motorists may also monitor the LA DOTD website @ http://www.dotd.la.gov.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid using highway overpasses as tornado shelters.
Ms. Erin Buchanan
Public Information Officer
District 08: Avoyelles, Grant, Natchitoches, Rapides, Sabine, Vernon, and Winn Parishes
Office: (318) 549-8402
Parish Highway Maintenance Superintendent
Office: (318) 357-3161