Job Opening: Grant Coordinator at Ben D. Johnson Educational Center
JOB TITLE: Grant Coordinator
POSITION: This is a full- time hourly position
LOCATION: Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, 400 MLK Drive, Natchitoches, Louisiana
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off and Staff Meals
Founded to honor the late Mr. Johnson, the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit located in west Natchitoches. Currently the center offers the Legacy Youth Workforce Development Program, Legacy Café, and Ben D. Johnson Garden.
We are looking for a committed Grant Coordinator who believes in our organization’s mission and values. This position will act as a liaison between the Ben D. Johnson Organization and major funders, contributing to the success of the organization. The Grant Coordinator will communicate information across all levels of the organization to keep employees informed about all grant activities. He/she will work directly with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement proposed activities, allocate resources, and acquire supplies required for specific needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in project management
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall mission and goals
- Ability to work within a team
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
- Excellent coordination and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills; able to quickly grasp and effectively communicate concepts
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative
- Oversee and execute grant proposals, progress reports and related projects
- Communicate and collaborate with organization staff, partner organizations, and the Board of Directors
- Manage and support grant requirements and implementation for the organization to ensure grant activities and deadlines are being met
- Oversee grant implementation according to grant agreement
- Keep the relevant staff and grantees informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Provide detailed reports to funders and the Executive Director with respect to the organization’s progress on grants
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Serve as a liaison between the BDJ Center, grantees, and grant funders
- Develop effective grant reports
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in a proper way as planned
- Create and manage standardized templates related to information gathering, donor reporting
- Develop and maintain partnerships
- Engage in continuous monitoring of grant progress.
- Monitor and support grantees and provide technical assistance
- Conduct site-visits
- Recruit VISTA members
- Moderate physical activity required
- Capable of independent local travel
- Perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials; Able to bend, lean, reach and stoop without hindrance; Possesses fine motor skills and the ability to stand or walk for extended periods
- Ability to work in an environment where exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, fumes, dirt, smoke, loud noise, and a variety of odors is common
- Intermittent exposure to stressful situations as a result of human behavior.
The Ben D. Johnson Educational Center, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, military, veteran status or any other protected status or classification under federal, state or local law.