On 11/13/2020, Agents assigned to the NMJDTF Criminal Patrol Unit stopped a black 2011 Dodge Avenger for a traffic violation on Hwy 1 just south of Natchez, La. During the investigation, Agents seized approximately three ounces of suspected synthetic Marijuana, a half ounce of suspected Methamphetamine, seven suspected Alprazolam, and several drug paraphernalia items.
Agents arrested Crawford for the above items. Crawford was booked and transported to the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center (NPDC). While processing Crawford into the NPDC, officials located a small bag of suspected synthetic marijuana on Crawford.
Subsequently, Thomas Crawford was arrested for the following charges:
• 40:966A Possession of Schedule I with Intent (synthetic marijuana)
• 40:967C Possession of Schedule II (Methamphetamine)
• 40:969C Possession of Schedule IV (Alprazolam)
• 40:1023 Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
• Article 737 Failure to Appear For Plea
• 14:402 Introduction into a penal facility.
The Natchitoches Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force would like to thank the Citizens of Natchitoches for their support. Many times an investigation begins with a simple phone call or tip from a concerned citizen. For this reason the Task Force encourages all citizens to report any crimes in their neighborhoods anonymously by calling 318-357-2248, The Natchitoches Police Department, or the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office.