NOW is the time to apply. The Natchitoches Parish Early Childhood Network is putting out its last call for Scholarship applications. Currently 14 children, birth through age 3, are receiving free full time education and care at a local Type III Childcare facility.
This scholarship provides free tuition financial assistance to eligible working families in Natchitoches Parish.
The program has funding for 11 additional children/families, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
If your family household income meets the eligibility requirements and your child(ren) was age 3 (48 months) or younger as of October 1, 2020; you should apply today for the Birth – 3 Scholarship, also known as Preschool Development Grant (PDG).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. You MUST be a Natchitoches resident who is working/employed a minimum of 20 hours per week, in an approved training program or attending school. For families where both parents live within the same household, both parents must meet all eligibility requirements.
2. You MUST be in need of full time childcare from the date of application submission until July 2021. Child must attend daily between 8am – 3pm minimum. (additional after 3pm care is optional if needed).
3. You MUST have a child(ren) UNDER the age of 48 months as of Sept. 30, 2020.
4. You MUST be willing to enroll your child(ren) in a qualifying TYPE III CHILDCARE CENTER if the child is not currently enrolled.
QUALIFYING TYPE III CHILDCARE CENTERS:
· A to Z 123 Preschool & Learning Center
· Bright Beginnings, Inc.
· Cobblestones Child Development Center, LLC
· Fay’s Daycare & Learning Center
· Funtime Palace Day Care
· Juz Us Childcare of Natchitoches
· Tiny Tots Daycare & Preschool
To apply visit www.TeachingTomorrowNow.com to complete the B-3 Scholarship Application. TO BE CONSIDERED, DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION. Paper applications can be picked up and COPIES of verification documents can be dropped off at 420 Fourth Street Monday-Friday from 10 am- 2pm.
Please contact Amy Metoyer-Roberson 318-238-7505 for any questions.