The Northwestern State University Presidential Search Committee selected six semifinalists to interview for the school’s top post.
“The search committee has fulfilled the first part of its mission by selecting a group of semifinalists with specific qualifications to lead Northwestern State University,” Committee Chair and System President Jim Henderson said. “Each of our nine member institutions is unique and I am confident that the best person to lead Northwestern State, my alma mater, is among these candidates.”
- Nancy D. Albers, College of Business International Experience Coordinator at Louisiana State University in Shreveport
- Marcus D. Jones, Interim President at Northwestern State University
- Darrell P. Kruger, Former Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at Appalachian State University
- Kim M. LeDuff, Vice President of the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer at University of West Florida in Pensacola
- Jeremy L. Thomas, Interim President at Oklahoma City Community College
- Virginia R. Van Sickle-Burkett, Chief Scientist at U.S. Department of Interior
The committee will interview the semifinalists on Northwestern’s campus the first week of November with opportunities for student and campus community involvement. The next Northwestern president will be selected by the full Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System at a special meeting scheduled for Nov. 8.
“I’d like to thank those individuals who showed interest in this position, we appreciate their attention to the university,” UL System Chair Liz Pierre said. “I look forward to meeting the six semifinalists in Natchitoches next month.”
Chairing the Northwestern State University Presidential Search Committee is UL System President and CEO Jim Henderson as a non-voting member. Voting members are NSU Faculty Senate President John Dunn and UL System Board Members Elizabeth Pierre, Jimmy Clarke, Barry Busada, Lola Dunahoe, Alejandro Perkins, Joe Salter and Student Board Member L’Oreal Williams.
Non-voting members are Retired Dean of NSU Creative and Performing Arts Bill Brent, NSU Alumni Association’s Nikki Caeser-Small, NSU SGA President Tja’h Edwards, NSU Alumni Association President Patricia Hrapmann, NSU Foundation Member Mike Knotts and NSU Foundation President John Manno, Jr.
ABOUT THE UL SYSTEM: The University of Louisiana System is the largest higher education system in Louisiana enrolling more than 92,000 students at Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the University of Louisiana at Monroe and the University of New Orleans.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE