According to a Task Force official, on Feb. 4 at approximately 8:45 pm, deputies and officers from the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Natchitoches Police Department assigned to a Uniformed Tactical Operation (UTO) made contact with two vehicles in the block of Dean St.
During the investigation, Agents identified three individuals:
1- Elbert Vaughn, 26, of the 1400 block of Grace Ave. Natchitoches, La
2- Ja’Terrion Rainey, 21, of the 200 block of Bayou Dr. Clarence, La
3- Johnny Williams, 19, of the 200 block of Cherie Loop Natchitoches, La
While speaking with the three individuals, Agents confirmed that Rainey was wanted for failure to appear for an attempted second degree murder charge and a second degree battery charge. Agents also discovered that Rainey was on supervised parole through the state of Louisiana. As the investigation continued, Agents located the following items inside the vehicle possessed by Rainey and Williams:
• Glock model 23, 40-caliber bearing serial #RTS223 (confirmed stolen through NPD)
• 1 Pint of suspected Promethazine
The following items were located in a vehicle that Vaughn claimed possession of:
• 33- White oval pills marked M367, which were identified as suspected Hydrocone.
• 1- Glock model 23, 40 caliber handgun – bearing serial#: 3 GUM617
• 4- 40 caliber 15 round capacity magazines
• 1- 40 caliber 50 round capacity Drum Magazine
• 1-5.56×45 caliber 60 round capacity Drum Magazine
• 1- 300 blackout rifle bearing serial #: WA-B04744
• Approx. 38 grams of suspected of suspected high grade marijuana
• $1,641.00 US currency located on Vaughn’s person.
Upon conclusion of the investigation, all three subjects were arrested and charged with the following:
Elbert Vaughn IV
• Possession of CDS I (Marijuana)
• Possession of CDS II (Hydrocodone)
• 2 counts –Possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS
• 2 counts FTA for criminal plea (attempted second murder / second degree battery)
• Possession of a stolen firearm
• Parole violation
Johnny Williams was arrested and charged with the following:
• Obstruction of Justice
• FTA (Possession of CDS I )
• Possession of legend drug
• Agg. Assault (warrant through NPSO)
All three subjects were issued a District Court date of 4/4/2022 and placed into the NPDC.
Uniformed Tactical Operations are grant funded selective enforcement operations that are supervised by Task Force personnel aimed at the disruption quality of life violations, open air distribution of narcotics, and gun related crimes within the communities of Natchitoches Parish.
The Natchitoches Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force, Natchitoches Police Department, Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office, along with federal law enforcement agencies will continue to work diligently in an effort to reduce the surge in gun violence which has impacted Natchitoches Parish.
The Natchitoches Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Task Force, Natchitoches Police Department and the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Citizens of Natchitoches for their support. Many times an investigation begins with a simple phone call or tip from a concerned citizen. For this reason the Task Force encourages all citizens to report any crimes in their neighborhoods anonymously by calling 318-357-2248, The Natchitoches Police Department, or the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office.