Northwestern State University seeks qualified applicants for the position of PAYROLL ASSISTANT in the Office of Business Affairs.
JOB TYPE: Unclassified
SALARY: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00
LOCATION: Natchitoches, Louisiana
As part of the payroll team, under the direct supervision of the Assistant Controller to Payroll, the Payroll Assistant, aids in the processing and reviewing of the bi-weekly, monthly, and summer payrolls, providing functional support for the payroll system to improve efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping, with at least six months of payroll experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others (student workers)
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
To Apply: Send letter of application, resume and complete contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com
Review of applicants will begin immediately an continue until the position is filled.
To view a complete job description, click the link below: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/louisiana?keywords=northwestern
An Equal Opportunity Employer