NPSO: FAMILY AWAKENED BY EARLY MORNING FIRE IN CLARENCE

Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Deputies, Natchitoches Parish Fire Protection District #3 along with mutual aid assistance from Natchitoches Parish Fire Protection District #9 responded to NATCOM 911 Center reports of a structure fire on April 8 in the 5800 block of US-71 in Clarence according to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Units arrived on scene discovering the residence fully engulfed in flames. Two adults and three children were able to escape unharmed. The residence owned by Buddy Clemons and leased by Jonathan Meziere was a total loss. The cause of the fire is being determined by NPFD #3.

Deputies learned while speaking with Meziere and other occupants they were awakened by smoke shortly after 3:30am and called 911 immediately for assistance.

Deputies remind the public that smoke alarms save lives. Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries. If there is a fire in your home, smoke spreads fast and the smoke alarm(s) will warn you and give you time to get out. Local fire districts will normally be glad to assist you in installing smoke alarms in your homes.

PHOTO: NPSO


To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE