School Board holds brief meeting, members discuss sales tax increase, summer school
At the School Board committee meeting on April 12 Finance Director Lee Waskom reported a 39.08% growth in sales tax collections for the year. All the hotels are busy with all the oil development going on and there shouldn’t be a change in this any time soon (for at least one year).
Superintendent Dr. Grant Eloi gave his report, where he said that summer school is approaching fast. He anticipates around 1,400 students at seven sites including LP Vaughn, Weaver, NJH, NCHS, Provencal, Fairview and Lakeview. Two versions of summer school will be offered: Traditional and Enrichment. Some students will receive a letter recommending summer school for remediation. Other students will receive a letter inviting them to attend summer school. More details will be released.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for Shauna Hicks to Oxford, MS, 6/13/22-6/17/22 to attend the Institute of Child Nutrition Leadership Training.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for Major Stacey Wiggins and Chief John Thomas, to chaperon and provide educational opportunities for 30 Lakeview AFJROTC cadets in Oden, AR, May 14-16, 2022.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for JAG Field Trip
- Motion to grant permission to advertise for paper, cleaning products, milk and food bids for the 22-23 school year.
- Motion to approve Associated Food Equipment and Supplies Inc. as the winning vendor for the Culinary Kitchen Equipment for the new NCHS Culinary Dept as presented.
- Motion to define school capacity as listed in NPSB policy JBCE.Motion to adopt the resolution in support of State pay raises for teachers and school support staff.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE