Opportunity: Program Manager at Women’s Resource Center of Natchitoches
The Program Manager is responsible for general overseeing of the WRC client program, general center needs, and additional special events. This position is a core and intricate component of our team environment and has a passion for serving in direct client impact. The Program Manager will be a familiar face to many of our clients that we see on a daily basis and able to lead volunteers well.
The Women’s Resource Center of Natchitoches exists to educate and empower individuals to make life-affirming choices. A cornerstone nonprofit organization in North/Central Louisiana as a free and confidential resource dedicated to pregnant women; our services include prenatal education, lifestyle skills, ultrasounds, material assistance, childbirth education, breastfeeding education, car seat safety classes, child safety classes, peer counseling, and more.
1. The Program Manager is a part-time employee of the Women’s Resource Center.
2. Maintain and support an open commitment to Jesus Christ, promote the sanctity of human life, be an active member of a local church, and agree with the WRC principles and statement of faith.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Proficient in technology (Google Voice, Microsoft Excel and Word, Databases)
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, and be standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate office equipment including a computer, printer, and scanner.
- Ability to understand safety procedures and make logical decisions with HIPAA compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare detailed and accurate monthly reports.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations and manage client loads (not limited to but including: abuse, coercion, trauma, etc.) with high levels of compassion.
- Knowledge of TANF, Medicaid Guidelines
- Two (2) years of nonprofit experience.
- Client Needs: Peer-counsels clients confidentiality when needed, giving empathetic support to make life-affirming decisions. Managing the text-line, communicating with clients on next appointments, scheduling referrals and birth follow-up visits. Updating and keeping inventory of all literature to most current education. Supervisor of documentation in charting for complete information. Enters client information into appropriate databases weekly.
- Volunteer Advocate: Trains and interviews all new volunteers for all positions (counselors, front-desk, administration, etc). Supports, encourages, and assists volunteers. Monitor progress of those training.
- Special Events: Christmas Festival Morning (December), Celebration of Life Gala (September) Run Baby Run (May), Annual Giveaway (2x a year, April and October). Assists team with planning Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, Christmas Party.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position, from Tuesdays-Thursdays, with the occasional Monday and Friday for class days and special events. The range is $16-18 an hour based on qualifications and experience.
Minimal travel required in the birth follow-up visits at NRMC. The above statements are intended to the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties, education/experience/skills requirement of the position at any time.
Email resumes to email@example.com by June 24th, 2022. Interviews will take place on June 27th, 2022 or unless stated otherwise.