The City Council approved two resolutions at its July 25 meeting that will mean more water for Powhatan, Natchitoches
- Advertise For Bids For The Water Distribution And Production System Improvements; Powhatan Connection (Contract I, Water Well) LCDBG FY 2020-2021 Potable Water Improvements SCC Project No. 3080 (Bid No. 0651)
- Advertise For Bids For The Water Distribution And Production System Improvements; Powhatan Connection (Contract II, Water Mains And Site Work) LCDBG FY 2020 Potable Water Improvements SCC Project No. 3080 (Bid No. 0652)
With the grant the City will build a pipeline to Powhatan to be a backup emergency supply and then build a water well on waterfall road to be a supplemental supply for the City of Natchitoches. Powhatan residents use about 20,000 gallons of water per day. The water well will yield about 300,000 gallons per day. That’s a 275,000-280,000 supplement for the City.
PLANNING & ZONING – FINAL:
- Amend Ordinance No. 64 Of 2001 By Changing Zoning Classification Of Property Located at 315 Williams Ave.
ORDINANCES – FINAL:
- TABLED Bond Ordinance Authorizing The Issuance Of Revenue Bonds, Series 2022, Of The City Of Natchitoches, Parish Of Natchitoches, State Of Louisiana; Prescribing The Form, Fixing The Details And Providing For The Rights Of The Owners Thereof; Awarding The Sale Of The Bonds To The Lender Thereof; And Providing For Other Matters In Connection Therewith.
- Enter Into A Cooperative Endeavor Agreement With The Historic District Business Association Inc., Providing For An Automatic Annual Renewal, Providing For Advertising, Further Providing For Severability, And Further Providing For A Repealer And Effective Date Of Ordinance.
ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION:
- Award The Bid For West Natchitoches Water Main Replacement, Phase I (Bid No. 0648). Replacing close to 6,000 feet of 12, 8, and 4 inch water line with all new pvc and five new fire hydrants. This is just another step toward getting rid of the cast iron lines in the system.
- Ordinance Creating The Texas Street Economic Development District, State Of Louisiana And Defining The Boundaries Thereof; Appointing Special Counsel; And Otherwise Providing With Respect Thereto.
- Ordinance To Deem Property Surplus And Authorize The Donation Of Surplus Property Owned By The City Of Natchitoches, And To Other Provide With Respect Thereto.
FINANCIAL REPORT: Clarissa Smith – Brown
The next scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, August 8, 2022.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE