Natchitoches Police Department patrol division officers made a traffic stop on March 10 on Daniell Thomas, 32 of the 1400 block of Holmes St., for a traffic violation. During the course of the traffic stop investigation, Thomas advised officers that he had a few grams of suspected marijuana in the vehicle he was operating. Members assigned to the NMJTF arrived for assistance.
Upon search incidental to arrest, officers searched the vehicle, locating the following:
• 1 handgun
• Suspected Oxycodone
• Suspected Roxycodone
• $8,758.00 cash
Following the arrest, Thomas was transported to the NMJDTF for an interview. During the post arrest investigation, Agents were able to obtain a search warrant for an address believed to belong to Thomas. Agents obtained a signed warrant to search the residence.
During the course of the search, Agents located the following:
• Approximately 1.5 pounds of suspected synthetic marijuana
• 4 handguns
• 2 high caliber rifles
• Approximately 20 grams of suspected marijuana
• Several drug paraphernalia items.
Following the arrest and interview, Thomas was transported to the NPDC. While being processed into the NPDC, Thomas was found to be in possession of suspected crack cocaine.
Subsequent to the investigation, Thomas was charged with the following charges:
• 2 Traffic violations
• Poss. w/intent CDS I (synthetic marijuana)
• Poss. of CDS II (crack cocaine)
• Poss. of a firearm in the presence of CDS (2 counts)
• Poss. of CDS II (roxycodone)
• Poss. of CDS II (oxycodone)
• Poss. of CDS I (marijuana)
• Poss. w/intent CDS I (marijuana)
• Poss. of drug paraphernalia
• Introduction of contraband into a penal facility