In November 1913, the Reverend Ned Jackson, Deacons W.M. Russell, W.H. Baker, and A. Johnson along with ten charter members established the Goodwill Baptist Church in Natchitoches. From that humble beginning, the church has thrived and grown to over 100 active members currently under the leadership of the Reverand Brian Small.
The congregation celebrated its 110th year at a service held Sunday, November 12 at the church. The highlight of the event was the dedication of the church’s fellowship hall in memory of the late Reverend Jerald Gant, Sr. who was the congregation’s beloved former pastor. Rev. Gant’s family and Pastor Small unveiled a sign naming the fellowship hall the “J.R. Gant Fellowship Hall.”
The Natchitoches Parish Journal congratulates the Goodwill Baptist Church on 110 years of faithful service and extends its best wishes for many more. The Journal is donating the event photography which may be found by clicking on “Kevin’s Gallery” found at the top of the article.