Entry forms for the 5th annual Crows on the Cane Contest are available at the Main Street or Tourist Center offices on Front Street. The contest, which will be held Oct. 7-8, is open to individuals, families, businesses, clubs and organizations.
Cash prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place. The entry fee is $10.
- Entries will be displayed in the Historic District for judging (Businesses may display in front of their store or in their store windows).
- No handouts at your contest display.
- Encourage all entries to be left throughout October.
- Multiple entries permitted.
- Scarecrow(s) for display may reflect a special theme and/or promote a business, organization or event.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste and constructed to withstand weather.
- Scarecrows reflecting controversial, social, religious, or political opinions or statement will not be accepted.
- The Historic District Business Association reserves the right to remove any scarecrow it deems inappropriate.
- Scarecrow theme suggestions are animal, whimsical, traditional or themed to schools, businesses, clubs or organizations.
- Scarecrow entries/designs must be new each year.
- No items such as tiki torches or gas powered generators allowed.
- All categories may display lights (powered by batteries only).
Signage will be provided by Historic District Business Association. Check-in will be at the Natchitoches Main Street OfficeOct. 7 from 8-10 a.m. Contact Dawn Wells at 318-729-8282 for other arrangements.