The Natchitoches Tribe of Louisiana will host its inaugural Spring Festival in conjunction with Fort St. Jean Baptiste’s spring encampment Saturday, April 1 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The staff at the fort and the festival committee will be dressed in colonial and Native American period attire. There will be Native American vendors, dancers, drums, story tellers, face painting, food, music, games and much more. All tribal members are invited to attend and meet your family. Admission to the Fort is $6.
Schedule of Events and Activities:
· Speak and interact with tribal elders
· Hear story telling of ancient tribes
· Observe colorful Native American Attire
· Taste authentic Native American Foods
· Explore the “Trail of Ancestors”
· Hear presentations on the history of the Natchitoches Indians.
· Purchase Native American high-quality crafts
· Traditional and contemporary Native American music
The celebration continues into the night in Campti with a Dance and music by the Playmate Band at the Fellowship Hall of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church. For information call 318-282-3559.