Outpatient Medical Center is celebrating 40 years of helping to keep community families whole and healthy. The health system started from humble beginnings in 1977, growing into a multi-million dollar; multi-site integrated healthcare delivery system with health centers in Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah. It’s governed by an 11 member Board of Directors; 51 percent of which must be patients who utilize the health system for their primary care needs.
The following integrated health care services are offered – irrespective of the patient’s ability to pay for the services:
• Pediatric services
• Adult Medicine services
• Behavioral Health services
· Internal Medicine services
• Urgent Care services
• 340(B) Pharmacy services
• Dental services (preventative/restorative)
Community Outreach and Enrollment services (Including help signing people up for Medicaid/Healthcare Exchange)
Women’s Health services
Enabling services (linking community families to other support services)
Outpatient Medical Center Inc. is proud to be part of a nation-wide Federally Qualified Health Center primary care network and has worked tirelessly taking good care of their valued community families for 40 years.
Facts about OMC Inc.:
• Clinicians are Board certified/Board eligible
• JCAHO accredited health system
• Has applied for Patient Centered Medical Home recognition
• Helps drive the cost of community health care services down
• Employs 75 dedicated professionals from Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parishes
• Pumps over $6 million (and growing) into Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parish economic engines
• Serves as the medical home to over 7,000 Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parish families (and growing)
• Annually pushes over 15,000 patient encounters (and growing)
• Works in partnership with local hospitals to help reduce hospital readmissions and inappropriate emergency room utilization
• Recognized as chronic disease care specialists
• Accepts most insurances
• Is accepting new patients in all of their health centers
• Welcomes active duty, retired, reserve and former military members and their families
The health system recently strengthened its Executive Team with a new Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, HR Director, Information Systems Manager and Leesville Health Center Director. Seeing the need for more primary care clinicians in the Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parishes, eight new clinicians were hired in the past 90 days.
Chief Executive Officer Carl L. Walters II said he’s honored to be a part of this compassionate, progressive health system that has never and will never lose sight of its service mission – taking good care of you, our valued community families.
“We don’t see doing what we do as a job; we see it as a spiritual and community service calling,” said Walters. “There is no higher calling than to have the privilege of caring for another and that is a community service calling we have supported for 40 years and with the continued love and support of our valued community families and stakeholders, it is a calling we hope to continue serving for another 40 years.”