TITLE: Purchasing Agent
REPORTS TO: N/A
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Natchitoches, LA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and services for LOC.
1. Develop and implement a purchasing program that reflects best practices in the industry and act as the top advisor to management on all matters related to the purchasing of goods and services company-wide.
2. Verify purchase requisitions, recommending alternatives when necessary, and prepare purchase orders.
3. Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, etc.
4. Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems, trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
5. Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance and inventories.
Perform other duties as assigned or requested by management personnel.
1. Preferred 5-10 years of professional experience in purchasing.
2. Understanding of supply chain management.
3. Ability to maintain vendor relationships.
4. Strong negotiation and communication skills.
5. Attention to details.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and purchasing software.
7. Outstanding organizational skills.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Business Administration, or a job-related field of study.
1. Occasional overtime work required throughout each week depending on demand.
SAFETY HAZARDS OF THE JOB
1. Minimal hazards based on safe working conditions.
Please send inquires & resumes to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.