The City Council held a brief Special Called meeting the morning of Dec. 27to introduce several ordinances before its regularly scheduled meeting on Jan. 13.
ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION:
- Authorize The City To Lease A Portion Of A Building Located At 200 Rapides Drive To Youth & Families Empowerment Services, LLC, Setting The Terms And Conditions Of Same, And Authorizing The Execution Of The Lease By The Mayor, Lee Posey, After Due Compliance With The Law, And Further Providing For Advertising Of The Lease And An Effective Date.
- Restate The Policy Of The City Of Natchitoches Regarding Sick Leave And To Amend And Reenact The Personnel Policies Manual Of The City Of Natchitoches To Amend The Section Entitled “Sick Leave”, Providing For Advertising, Further Providing For Severability, And Further Providing For A Repealer And Effective Date Of Ordinance.
- Authorize The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches To Award The Bid For Caustic Soda For The Water Treatment Plant (Bid No. 0622)
- Approve The Exercise Of An Option To Repurchase Or In The Alternative An Extension Of The Option To Repurchase In Favor Of The City Of Natchitoches To Repurchase A 15.0 Acre Tract Of Land In Section 74, Township 9 North, Range 7 West, From Ledet’s Louisiana Seafood, L.L.C., And Authorizing The Mayor, Lee Posey, To Exercise The Option To Repurchase And Repurchase The Property, Or In The Alternative Execute An Extension Of Option And Any Other Documents That May Be Necessary, And To Provide For Advertising.
- Approve The Acquisition Of A Tract Of Land Situated In Section 138, Township 9 North, Range 7 West, From Chester Corley, For The Total Consideration Of Three Hundred Thousand Seven Hundred Three Dollars, Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches, Lee Posey, To Execute A Cash Sale Deed On Behalf Of The City For The Acquisition Of The Tract And To Execute Any And All Other Related Documents That Might Be Necessary And Proper, To Provide For Advertising, And A Savings Clause.
- Authorize The Mayor To Advertise And Accept Bids For La-6 West Turn Lane And J-Turn (Bid No. 0624)
- Authorize The Mayor To Advertise And Accept Bids For Building Renovations At 720 Sixth Street (Bid No. 0625)
- Authorize The Mayor To Execute Change Order No. 1 To The Contract Between The City of Natchitoches And Prothro Construction , LLC For The City Council Chambers Renovation Project (Bid No. 0611)
- Authorize The Mayor To Execute A Certificate Of Substantial Completion To The Contract Between The City Of Natchitoches And Prothro Construction, LLC. For The City Council Chambers Renovation Project (Bid No. 0611)