Chief Information Officer (Open until filled)
The Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts seeks a Chief Information Officer to work full-time on our Natchitoches campus .
The ideal candidate will:
• Report to the Chief of Staff/Director of Administration.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the IT office, including supervision of two staff members. • Develop and implement current and long-range information technology programs, plans, and policies. • Develop and execute budget recommendations for operating and capital outlay project s. • Maintain currency on federal and state laws, regulations, and procedures on information resource programs as related to secondary schools.
• Manage users, courses, content, and schedules in the school’s student information system, serving as primary platform manger and liaison with software vendor .
• With direction from Academic Services, ensure workstations and servers are updated for EOC and LEAP testing each semester.
• Resolve technology issues from all departments on campus .
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Management Information Systems.
• Professional experience in data management, SQL, student information systems, servers, and workstations.
• Minimum of 6 years experience, two years at the supervisory level.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Professional experience in Moodie, Linux, and programming.
• Experience in an educational setting.
• 10 years experience, two years at the supervisory level.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of application, a current resume or curriculum vitae and a statement of teaching philosophy, transcripts from the last degree granting institution, contact information for three references, and our standard application form (available at our website : LSMSA.edu) to employment@LSMSA.edu.
LSMSA, a 2020 National Blue Ribbon School and recently listed within the top 1% of America’s Best Public High Schools according to Niche.com, is a residential high school, is publicly funded as a state agency, and is tuition free. The highly selective admissions process ‘is open to all gifted and high achieving rising 10th and 11th grade students in Louisiana. On average, students enroll from 70% of the state’s parishes (counties). Founded in 1983, LSMSA is located in Historic Natchitoches. The school is adjacent to Northwestern State University; faculty and students have access to the university library and many other facilities and programs. This full-time position includes a competitive salary and full range of benefits available to all state employees plus many more including opportunity for professional development and higher education tuition discounts for employees and their families .
More information about the school can be found at www.LSMSA.edu. Application Process: Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
LSMSA is committed to equol employment opportunity. The School will not discriminate against nor tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, color, creed, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, citizenship, or age. This policy applies to all personnel action including recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, termination, recreational and social programs, and professional contracts.