Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts seeks a Full-Time Accountant
The ideal candidate will be responsible for governmental fund accounting duties that include:
• Cash management,
• Deposits of funds and account reconciliations
• Classification of expenditures
• Preparation of financial reports
• General ledger posting and maintenance
• Assisting with other departmental needs
Benefits include health and life insurance, generous paid time off, retirement and opportunity for professional development.
Bachelor degree in a related discipline (accounting, business administration, finance) from an accredited university that includes over 24 hours of accounting course work with two years’ experience in cash management, reconciliations and business operations, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years’ experience.
• Certified Governmental Funds Management Certification
• Continuous employment in a non-profit, school, state agency, or university environment
• with a working knowledge of GASB
• Experience with state software systems including SAP and ISIS.
How to Apply:
Please send letter of application, resume, transcripts from your final degree granting institution along with a minimum of three professional references to: Employment@LSMSA.edu
The School will not discriminate against nor tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, color, creed, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, disability, citizenship, or age. This policy applies to all personnel action including recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, termination, recreational and social programs, and professional contracts.